- Without e-wallet - Without complicated cryptocurrencies - Currencies in € euros, $ dollar etc. - Compliance with legislation - Direct payment to the seller - 0% commission, 0% royalties - Payment receipt
The sale of art with COA and NFT opens up new perspectives for artists allowing them to create new works and reach a new audience of collectors who appreciate digital art.
Artprime offers certified NFTs for physical and digital works, as well as a marketplace to sell the works in a nominative way without using cryptocurrencies. No purchase of cryptocurrencies is necessary and the use of an electronic wallet is not necessary.
Is blockchain magic?
The sale of works on Artprime
Artprime is part of the traditional online sale of physical and digital works of art: identification of artists, sellers and buyers, compliance with the rules of withdrawal, provision of sales invoices and the documents necessary for the certification of the works. .
0% commission on sales
Artprime considers that the costs of creating NFTs are sufficient for artists and does not take any commission on the sales of the platform on the condition that the transaction is made directly between the buyer and the seller through a payment via the PayPal account of the seller or a bank transfer. If the seller does not wish to use his Paypal account, payments can be made on Artprime's Paypal account, in this case 15% of costs will be deducted from the sale price.
The resale of works on Artprime
The collector who has just acquired a work can put it back on sale immediately on the platform by indicating a new price.
0% royalties on resales
Artprime considers that the collector is the full owner of the work he buys, therefore no future royalties are taken or required; the seller is free to attach a contractual appendix which governs this type of commission on the resale of the work of art because this practice is very marginal in the world of art.
Import your NFTs to Binance
If you wish to sell your works using cryptocurrencies, Artprime NFTs are compatible with the platform: https://www .binance.com/fr/nft/ you just have to create an account, connect a wallet and indicate the smartcontract number of your NFTs, then you can create your sales announcements.
Artists choose the best way to create and sell their physical or digital works accompanied by NFTs knowing that solutions that do not take into account legal and proper certification inevitably lead to the sale of works of art without guarantee for the buyer.
Steps of certification
1) Creation of the work on Artprime (free) - Thumbnail download - Title, description, category and sale price
2) Creation of a COA certificate of authenticity (€3.50) - Compliance with the Marcus Decree - Edition of a PDF and a QRcode
3) Creation of the NFT of the COA certificate of authenticity (€14.90) - Binance SmartChain - The token is independent from Artprime - Downloading files accompanying the NFT
4) For sale on Artprime (free) The sale of the work is automatically activated on Artprime - No e-wallet needed - No need for cryptocurrencies - Payment directly in euros - No sales commissions - Direct contact with the buyer
Option: Print your NFT under glass or plexiglass By using a specialized service from a file provided by Artcertificate. Your NFT materializes and can accompany the digital or physical work.
In case of 100% digital works:
- For digital works that are copyable computer files, the creator must generate an additional dedicated NFT that records the cryptographic number of the original file to make it unique; A license for exploitation rights of the work can be attached (optional), as well as a nominative sales contract between the parties (optional). It is recommended not to distribute this file outside of buyers in order to avoid fraud and counterfeiting.
5) Creation of a specific NFT of the work file (29.90€) - encryption of the original file - addition of a user license (optional) - addition of a nominative sales contract (option)
Option: Print your NFT under glass or plexiglass By using a specialized service from a file provided by Artcertificate.
NFTs on the boil
All artists today want to sell NFTs on the internet and for that, they go to platforms like opensea, rarible, etc. These platforms were born with the marketing of collections of objects that can be similar to playing cards, character collections, objects for video games, etc. The general idea is to buy NFTs from a creator designer as soon as they are created (minting), to collect them, but above all to be able to resell them with an added value, if the community following the collection is large, these transactions are possible, otherwise the NFTs cannot be resold, this process resembles an online stock market system where the investor will 'bet' on projects. In general, these NFTs must provide owners with benefits set out in a 'road map' and which constitute the non-financial value of these objects.
Art of NFTs versus Contemporary Art?
It is easy to see that NFT art has nothing to do with contemporary art, it has a more or less artistic component, but limited to the practices of sales platforms which direct towards the creation of digital objects whose series are greater than 10,000; these objects are variations around a main theme, usually a character, a cat, etc. On which we add attributes such as glasses, hats, etc. To differentiate them and bring them a “rarity”; it is ultimately an excuse for anyone to sell NFTs of anything on the market. Buyers are often passionate about new technologies and know how to handle cryptocurrencies perfectly, so they can buy and sell in the hope of capital gains. The excitement is such today that even specialists are struggling to keep up with the creation of new blockchains, new platforms and an exploding NFTs market.
Contemporary art works differently: artistic creations are oriented towards aesthetics and freedom of expression, techniques and themes, the actors are: artists, galleries, experts, auction houses, etc. The economy of this sector is well established and follows its own rules, in particular the notoriety of artists, exhibitions, etc. Buyers are generally collectors with established purchasing habits, and above all a requirement for the quality of the work which must aesthetically and financially justify its investment; from this point of view, the use of cryptocurrency and the purchase of digital objects must be secure.
Can PHYSICAL and DIGITAL art be sold with NFTs?
The answer is clearly YES, but not just anyhow. The exceptional sales that have been made by the major auction houses prove it, but these are not NFTs like those of the platforms, they are digital or physical works whose reality has been demonstrated, accompanied all the guarantees, including expertise and certification documents that allow buyers to enter this market.
WARNING: in many countries, the sale of NFTs alone is prohibited because they are related to stock market assets, but the sale of works of art accompanied by an NFT is authorized, provided that the physical or digital work is real and not a pretext for the sale of NFTs.
Are NFTs certificates of authenticity?
A thousand times NO, because the certificate of authenticity must be produced by the author himself or an expert to guarantee the buyer that the work is an original, it is an opposable document in case of forgery in order to have legal recourse; at no time does the NFT offer these guarantees, since it is generally only a time-stamped record of a hypothetical reference on a platform, so it has no authenticity value, as to the anonymity of the buyers who operate with 'wallets', the NFT is unable to prove that an object belongs to a natural person. When offered for sale, the value of NFTs is based solely on the confidence of players in these platforms, sometimes on the irrational expectation of gains or money laundering under cover of anonymity; the fact is that if the platform went out of business, the total value of the NFTs would instantly disappear leaving all investors totally ruined.
An NFT, if it does not include all the legally necessary elements depending on the country, cannot guarantee the concept of a certificate of authenticity on the work of art, it being understood that the anonymity of actors and transactions is a point that legally prevents any certification. The establishment of a certificate of authenticity is a necessary document for any sale of works of art.
Most of the current platforms offer the simplified creation of NFTs, all you have to do is upload an image: a real artistic creation, a collection illustration, an image stolen from the net, etc. Attach a title and a brief description and you can, for a fee, create an NFT on the blockchain. Beyond the questionable value of the work, we observe the non-existence of the notion of authenticity, because we are told that the NFT itself guarantees the authenticity of the work, as well as the property of the object. This is totally false, because legally, it is only the seller who must guarantee the authenticity of the work under penalty of cancellation of the sale and legal proceedings, moreover, if the NFT only includes a simple reference to an external database held by the platform, no legal guarantee is given on the veracity of the object, since the information held externally can be easily modified, erased, etc. The acquirer of such an NFT would in fact only be the owner of a computer record on the blockchain without any value, as it is totally dependent on a third party.
It's easy to understand everyone's interests: from the platform that sells NFTs with commissions, from the cryptocurrency that increases as purchases increase, from the creators of objects who hope for improbable incomes and collector buyers who hope to enjoy a property, to finally be able to resell it with added value. The system works well as everyone trusts the community, but everyone should be aware that investments in these NFTs are exposed to significant losses if the system collapses.
The dangers of the NFTs market
- Anonymity is not legally recognized for art sales, in the world of NFTs, each actor can open an electronic 'wallet', acquire cryptocurrency, buy and sell anonymously; attractive prospect, but leaving the free flow of money of dubious origin, this is how many transactions on NFTs serve interests that have nothing to do with art, but rather with corruption, laundering, speculation, etc. For the deed of sale and purchase to be legally recognized, they must be nominative and clearly indicate the object, the buyer and the seller, under penalty of being invalid and preventing any recourse in the event of fraud. etc
- The hacking of electronic wallets is a reality, nothing protects you in the event of theft of your cryptocurrencies or your NFTs if an individual takes control of your wallet. Different strategies are commonly used such as phishing, mirror sites etc. to get your credentials. The protection of your electronic wallet is a priority under penalty of losing everything and you are alone to protect yourself, no organization will come to your rescue.
- The volatility of cryptocurrencies is a recurring problem as well as the price stability of transactions on the blockchain, everything soars and collapses in a few hours; whether it is the price of 'gas' or the value of works of art, everything fluctuates according to a market that is looking for itself and if some win, many lose.
- Escaping the regulations and taxation of countries, it is easy to buy cryptocurrencies with traditional currencies, but the reverse can cause you violations, especially in the justification of capital gains and the source of the funds that come from cryptocurrencies, state services are increasingly vigilant on this subject.
There are many other deviations, but we will stick to these.
Is the NFT bubble in danger of bursting?
The future will tell us, but the explosion of NFT collection projects which cannot all be successful, the growing number of young buyers who hope to make a fortune by sometimes spending lavishly on objects which are likely to be found without value is worrying, for the moment the general enthusiasm is real and all the virtues are attributed to NFTs. New technologies offer a magnificent screen for all excesses, and the general disbelief is conducive to all abuses, in this collective hysteria, spending only what you are ready to lose is sound advice.